OneTrust as central data protection software for security, data governance and compliance
OneTrust is a data protection management platform and makes it easier for companies worldwide to consistently comply with comprehensive data protection regulations such as the GDPR or other global guidelines and security laws.
The software is based on an intelligent database that checks countless laws and creates individual dashboards, documentation reports and graphics for companies on the topics of data protection, security and third-party risk. In addition, with OneTrust it is possible to create a processing directory by recording all data flows that affect the company.
The data protection platform is made up of a total of six components, which can be combined with each other or used independently:
- OneTrust Privacy is a privacy management software and supports compliance with global privacy and security laws
- OneTrust PreferenceChoice as consent and preference management software
- OneTrust Vendorpedia as third-party risk management software and database of designated third-party risks
- OneTrust GRC enables IT risk management to be integrated into daily business activities
- OneTrust DataGovernance provides information about data usage in the organisation
- OneTrust Ethics ensures ethical data processing
Supporting trust at all levels with OneTrust PreferenceChoice and OneTrust Ethics
With OneTrust PreferenceChoice, marketing teams gain better visibility into user consent and preference management, as website visitor permissions and preferences can be captured and filtered across channels. Based on this, the opt-in rate can be optimised while maintaining all security standards.
In addition, user consents, such as the website cookie banner, can be customised and designed to match corporate branding. Data protection queries can thus be seamlessly integrated into the website, while still remaining clearly recognisable to website visitors.
OneTrust Ethics and Compliance also contributes to an increase in the culture of trust both internally and externally.
Through awareness training, employees gain a strong awareness of compliance, policies can be stored centrally, and due diligence is used to check third parties such as suppliers for legal, financial or economic circumstances.
Everything at a glance with OneTrust Governance, GRC and Vendorpedia
With OneTrust Governance, companies maintain an overview of data use within their own organisation, and by means of data discovery and classification, it remains comprehensible who uses which data for what purpose. In addition, data catalogues help to prepare acquired data in a structured manner. Furthermore, it is possible to provide exact information on the origin of the data by documenting and visually presenting data flows and relationships between the data stocks.
OneTrust GRC is a risk management platform that provides a comprehensive overview of a company’s risk portfolio. GRC therefore makes a preventive contribution to identifying potential risk factors in time, regular monitoring of suppliers is part of the analysis.
After all, suppliers are third parties who have access to sensitive data. Because of this, it is possible with Vendorpedia to create meaningful reports that map the life cycle of supplier management and contribute to risk reduction.
Our data protection experts are happy to support you with:
- Selection of a suitable data protection management platform
- Training and sensitisation of your employees on the topic of data protection
- Evaluation and interpretation of reports, documentation reports and portfolios
- Integration of website cookie banners
- Development of strategies to promote website traffic