The dynamic CMS solution for more functionality & design freedom
Drupal is a licence-free open source solution as well as a content management system (CMS) and enables the creation, administration and organisation of websites or blogs. With Drupal E-Commerce, even online shops can be created and managed.
The CMS is based on the so-called out-of-the-box function, so Drupal can be used to its full extent directly after installation and no further user-specific set-up steps need to be taken.
In addition, the open source software is modular in design, so the CMS can be expanded and adapted as desired through countless modules.
Useful core functions at a glance
The following functions and structures are available directly after installation despite a compact software core:
- Access control and user authorisation: Drupal has an integrated access control system that can be used to create new roles with individual permissions.
- Drupal supports multilingual websites: already after installation the CMS is available in several languages. Basically, there are two options: the frontend or/and the backend are made multilingual, which allows international teams to work on a Drupal installation.
- Taxonomies: Drupal’s taxonomy system is particularly flexible, so it is suitable for handling a lot of content.
- Drupal is multisite capable: therefore, multiple websites can be managed with just one installation. The maintenance of digital content as well as the system administration and hosting of all websites can also be done centrally.
A community for more security due to the Drupal Security Team
Drupal has a particularly large online community that regularly develops updates and modules to further develop and optimise the content management system.
This is also the basis for the Drupal Security Team. In the event of unusual occurrences that affect the security of the software, Drupal users are asked to contact the team of experts immediately and report potential errors or vulnerabilities as quickly as possible.
The internationally represented team reviews reported security vulnerabilities, informs users about possible anomalies and organises security fixes.
Drupal and Wordpress - an overview
Drupal and WordPress are popular open source solutions for businesses, both can be purchased licence-free and installed immediately.
To make the choice easier for your company, we recommend that you take factors such as the size of the company (international activities), financial resources and previous technical knowledge into account in the decision-making process.
- Drupal usually requires more practice than WordPress, as programming knowledge is necessary.
- Drupal websites tend to be more cost-intensive than comparatively WordPress websites. This is because Drupal is often used to realise larger as well as international (multilingual) projects, and technical know-how from external experts is also often necessary.
- Drupal offers more flexibility than WordPress. Although both open source solutions can be extended with countless plugins or modules, Drupal also offers a powerful API, i.e. an interface for creating your own modules.
Our CMS experts will be pleased to support you in:
- Selection and evaluation of a content management system for your company
- Selection of a suitable hosting provider
- training of your employees
- Improving CRM processes and their functionalities
- Creating relevant digital content for your website
- Analysis and evaluation of SEO specific key figures
- Selection and advice on freely available or paid plugins